Ethics for Responsible Metal Detecting
- I will check Federal, State, County and Local Laws before searching. It is my responsibility to KNOW and UNDERSTAND THE LAW.
- I will report to the proper authorities, individual who enter and
/ or remove artifacts from Federal or State Park / Preserves / Historical Sites.
- I will never remove or destroy priceless historical archeological treasures.
- I will not enter
Church or Parish Grounds or Cemeteries for the purpose of metal detecting.
- I will protect our Natural Resource and Wildlife Heritage.
- I will not enter private property without the owner's permission and when possible, such permission will be in writing.
- I will take care to refill all holes and try not to leave any damage.
- I will remove and dispose of any and all trash and litter that I find.
- I will not destroy or tamper with any structures on public or private property or what is left of Ghost Towns.
- I will not contaminate wells, creeks, or other water supplies.
- I will not tamper with signs, maintenance facilities or equipment and leave all gates as found.
- I will approach and educate those who do not follow good metal detecting practices.
- I will not metal detect in competitive hunts if I am the Hunt Master or plant hunt targets.
- I will make every effort to return found property to its rightful owner.
- I will be an ambassador for the hobby, be
thoughtful, considerate and courteous at all times to others
and their property.