This template is a suggested general meeting agenda for metal detecting and prospecting
clubs. The agenda template also includes some definitions and responsibilities for portions of the agenda.
Welcome from the President
(The president should provide meeting leadership by requiring the club’s various volunteers and membership to be involved in
the meetings content.)
- Presidents Message (Update on the hobby in the local area.)
- CLUB’S Board Meeting Results (Clubs should have a monthly board meeting.)
- Special Announcements & Board Introductions
- Birthdays this Month (Members birthdays)
(Have each visitor present themselves to the club.)
New Member Introduction
- Visitor Drawing (Each visitor should be given a number or ticket for the drawing.)
(Have each new member present themselves to the club)
(Optional Joke, this joke should rotate between the board members.)
(Recaps the previous monthly meeting minutes and asks for corrections.)
t (Provide the membership with monthly financials and how the club is doing against its budget.)
Vice- Presidents Message
- Report on Monthly Raffle Items
(Chairperson Handles Membership Registration.)
Hunt Master Report
(Individual Responsible for all of the Club’s Planted & Unplanted Hunts.)
Committee / Chairperson Reports
(This is a suggested list of Committees and Chairpersons that may be part of any club.
If these or other positions exist
in your club the spokes person for a specific function should be required to get in front of the membership and provide a report each month.)
Individual Member Reports
- Community Liaison: person or persons who interface with public officials (Parks, Law Enforcement, News Outlets, etc) on the club’s behalf.
- Curator: person responsible for acquiring club prizes for raffles & hunts.
- Evidence Recovery: person responsible for having a team in place to provide assistants to law enforcement.
- Diamond & Gold Tester: an individual who has the expertise & tools to evaluate gold & diamonds for members.
- Historian: an individual who
records important event information for future club milestone celebrations.
- Hospitality Chairperson: an individual who greets visitors at club meetings, handles introductions and does follow-up with visitors after the meeting.
- Legislation Liaison: an individual that informs the club about any legislation issues either national, state, or at the local level and recommends a form of action for the club.
- Librarian: provides storage and displays & signs out the club’s books and videos.
- Manufacturers Representative: interfaces with equipment manufacture and keeps the members informed of new offerings.
- National Organization Liaison: contact
between the club and a national hobby association.
- Newsletter Editor: generates & distributes the club monthly newsletter.
- Photographer: records clubs activities by taking photos for the newsletter editor and web-site editor.
- Program Director: coordinates all club programs (raffles, drawings, hunts), develops speaker programs and works with other appointees & volunteers on special club programs.
- Refreshments: provides the refreshments
at club meetings.
- Web-site Editor: designs and maintains the club web-site.
(Individual members may have knowledge about related hobbies that may be of interest to the membership)
Review of Old Business
(Previous Meeting’s New Business)
(New Topics and Discussion)
Finds of the Month
- Review Board Meeting Actions
- Ask for Topics or Issues from the Membership and Board Members
- Review Committee Reports for Actions
(Show and Tell)
Break (15 minutes)
- Finds of the Month Chairperson: The chairperson should take charge of the Show & Tell portion of the meeting and have each member get up in from of the membership and explain their finds.
- Provides a process for awarding the best finds each month for Coin, Jewelry, Relic, etc.
- Guest Speaker (No longer than ˝ hour)
- Training Session (May be at the meeting's end)
(Raffle Chairperson handles all aspects of the club raffle.)
- Coin Raffle
- 50/50 Drawing
- Other raffles
g (Recap of important issues before adjournment)
Download This Template
.pdf Version MS